Ventura, CA – 02.23.15

Posted on May 17, 2015














We ended up staying in Malibu longer than our friends, Matt and Sarah. On check out day, we got in touch with them and they let us know they were hanging out at Morro Bay by the ocean. We packed up the Toaster, said our goodbyes to Malibu, and drove to meet them. When we got there our friend Greg was also there and we all got to brave the crazy winds of Morro Bay together. We ducked into the Toaster for lunch and once we were all bundled up, headed outside to watch Matt surf. We spent that night at a state park down the road. We all complained over how cold the showers were over dinner and then hit the hay early. We spent the following afternoon in Ventura by the beach. We parked our rigs in the day use area and rode our bicycles along the bike path. When the sun started to get low, the boys grabbed the fishing poles and headed towards the ocean. Zero fish were caught, but one seal friend was made. We got back in our RVs and started the night drive to the Rincon Parkway. Our new home for the next couple nights.

The Rincon Parkway is a stretch of parking along route one that is set aside for RV camping. There are no hookups and the train running parallel to the sites can get noisy, but when you open up your front door, all you can see is the ocean for miles and miles. Matt and Sarah parked in front of us in their motorhome, Betty, and Greg was parked in front of them in his van. We all shared tables, chairs, food, stories, and a fire pit. In the morning Sarah and Toni would walk down the rocks to the beach and do some yoga and reading. Dan, Matt, and Greg would throw on their wetsuits and head into the water for some surfing. The rest of the day was lazy. Our second afternoon just the two of us headed into downtown Ventura to see what it was all about. We grabbed a slice of pizza, checked out some antiques, scoped the Buffalo Exchange, and just walked around until the sun set. The night ended with a bonfire and smores. Are you surprised? We only stayed at the Rincon for two nights on our way up North but as soon as we left, we all felt like we should have stayed longer.


Comments are closed.